Holy Spirit's Results: Parent/Guardian Survey August 2020 page

Results: Parent/Guardian Survey August 2020

Results: Parent/Guardian Survey August 2020
Posted on 08/21/2020
This is the image for the news article titled Results: Parent/Guardian Survey August 2020

We’d like to thank the 85% of our families who provided feedback on our School Re-Entry Survey.  As a result of this information, we now know that over 600 students, roughly 14%, will be opting for at-home programming.  The remaining 86% will be participating in in-school learning.

 

Pie chart showing 86% of students will return to in-school learning, while 14% will do at-home learning.


In terms of bussing, we will be passing along to our transportation partners that 63% of our respondents are either not eligible or not accessing transportation services this year. If you answered “No” on the survey, have changed your mind, and are eligible for transportation (2.4 km or more from your designated school), you may contact your child's school to make adjustments.  However, please be aware that it can take up to two weeks to process requests. In the meantime, plans for transportation are still being developed and will be communicated as soon as possible.  Please check the division website for the most up-to-date information at: https://www.holyspirit.ab.ca/schools/transportation


Pie chart showing 63% of students won't be accessing transportation services, while 37% will be.


The survey feedback has certainly reinforced that many are concerned about sending our children to school and that this decision has been a difficult one for many reasons.  We also received messages of support and appreciation knowing that the staff of our entire system are working diligently to ensure that our students will be safe and learn a great deal this next school year. As a result of many of these questions, we have updated our School Re-Entry Questions and Answers Document 

While we continue to plan and work for a safe start to our school year, please know that there are some key things that we will be asking our families to do to help us ensure the safety of our school communities: 

  • Before leaving home everyday, complete the Daily Screening Questionnaire for your child. If you answer “Yes” to any of the questions, PLEASE STAY HOME. This is the number one way we can help to protect our children and staff. 

  • Talk to your children about the new health measures and teach and practice these important skills: 
    • Washing / sanitizing hands
    • Physically distancing
    •  Wearing a mask when physical distancing isn't possible (Dr. Deena Hinshaw has created this video to demonstrate how to put on/take off/wear masks properly) 
    •  Good respiratory etiquette

I know that our schools have also sent many messages to help prepare for the school year and have invested a tremendous amount of effort into developing specific plans for their school sites. I am so impressed and thankful for the leadership of our school communities and ask that you keep them all in your prayers as they continue to pour their time and talents into this important work - ensuring the health and safety of our students.

Thank you all again for your support and may you all enjoy these last few days before we begin the school year in earnest!

 Sincerely, 
Ken Sampson, Superintendent of Schools

 

 For the most up-to-date information regarding our division’s plans for school re-entry, please visit our webpage at: https://www.holyspirit.ab.ca/division/school_re-entry

Content © Holy Spirit Catholic School Division . Website Design © 2020 SchoolMessenger Presence. Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.