Holy Spirit's School Re-Entry page

School Re-Entry

Thank you to the 85% of our families who provided feedback on our Re-Entry Survey. As a result of this information, we now know that over 600 students, roughly 14%, will be opting for at-home programming.  The remaining 86% will be participating in-school. 

The following resources have been developed for our staff and families to see our plans and preparations for the upcoming school year. As the situation evolves, these resources will continue to be updated:

You may also wish to refer to Alberta Education's K-12 School Re-Entry Resources.

While we continue to plan and work for a safe start to our school year on September 1, 2020, there are some key things we will be asking our families to do to help us ensure the safety of our school communities: 

  • Before leaving home everyday, complete the Daily Screening Questionnaire for your child. If you answer "Yes" to any of the questions, please stay home.  This is the number one way we can help to protect our children and staff.  (NOTE: the school will not be collecting this information and does not need you to print or present it.)
  • Ensure the school has your most up-to-date contact information and be prepared to pick up your child promptly if they show symptoms at school.
  • Talk to your children about the new health measures and teach and practice these important skills:  washing / sanitizing hands, physically distancing, wearing a mask when physical distancing isn't possible  (Dr. Deena Hinshaw has created this video to demonstrate how to put on/take off/wear masks properly), and practicing good respiratory etiquette        

To further help our staff before school begins, we are asking all parents/guardians who may have a child with pre-existing medical conditions to fill in this Pre-Existing/Medical Conditions Form. This information will help us better identify if a student’s developing symptoms may be caused by COVID-19 or by a known preexisting condition (e.g. allergies). We are asking that this information be provided to us by Friday, September 4, 2020.


It's everyone's responsibility to ensure the health and safety of all our students.  Thank you for doing your part!

Content © Holy Spirit Catholic School Division . Website Design © 2020 SchoolMessenger Presence. Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.